Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed wings, the New ABT?

Options
Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, probably not the new ABT, but definitely and idea that Eggers could go nuts with. I learned this from my Bro(Cut), who had them at a Thai restaurant.[p]This wont replace ABTs because it's much harder. The other side is, to quote the Wardster, "The possibilities are endless". Cut made them stuffed with pre-cooked Ramen noodles. I tried them calzone style, stuffed with ricotta, sun dried tomatoes(the kind in olive oil), and pepperoni. [p]You need a small, very sharp knife to do this. You are basically starting at the top bone and shaving the meat away from the bone with the paring knife turning the wing inside out as you go. The key is to not cut the skin, or yourself. Once you do that, you cant stuff it anymore. I'm averaging one screwed up wing out of 4. The toughest part is getting around the big joint.[p]You stop when you get to the joint that has the wing tip on it. Twist the 2 bones to break the joint, turn it back right side out and stuff. Stuffing is made easier sometimes by putting the stuffing in a ziploc bag, cutting the corner out and squeezing into the wing.[p]I hope some of you try this and come up with some killer stuffings.
Scott

Comments