Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So I had this frozen, cooked brisket point.....

mkc
mkc Posts: 544
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'd Egged a packer a few months back. My second brisket and the better of the two. Put the point in the freezer after cooking figuring I'd do something with it eventually.

Today we needed a "quick" dinner and I'd made a batch of flour tortillas earlier.

Pulled out the pressure cooker. Sauteed an onion in a little olive oil. Tossed in a couple of garlic cloves and 3 roasted, peeled, and seeded Hatch chiles. Put the still-frozen cooked brisket point on top. Poured in about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of jarred salsa verde and 2 cups of chicken broth. Bring to high pressure and cook 30 minutes. Natural release.

Pulled out the point and put the cooker back on, uncovered, to reduce the broth. Shredded the meat and discarded the fat. Added the meat back to the broth as I shredded it off and the broth reduced to barely a sauce.

Made soft tacos with sour cream, shredded cheese, and drippy, tasty shredded brisket. YUM!

Just thought I'd share the idea :)
Egging in Crossville, TN

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sounds great!! I have used leftover frozen briskey for fajitas/tacos many times, but never quite to that level of effort. I normally thaw it, throw it in a saute pan with some beef broth for awhile then shred it, and make the standard fare with salsa, lettuce, & sour cream.
    Yet another reason to get a pressure cooker. :)
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Thanks - it really wasn't a lot of effort, either.

If I'd planned ahead, I'll bet I could have done the whole thing in the slow cooker. It would have taken all day but for pretty much the same result.
    Egging in Crossville, TN