Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Afganistan the Mini has landed

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a note from Chris and the Mini made it to Afganistan. Said he had time to put it togather before he went on shift. Will have us pic's very soon.
Second box (just lump) not in yet. But I had put a 10 lb bag of lump in with the mini box.
He should be cooking Thur or Friday.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Cant wait to see the pics :woohoo:. I received a very nice email from him yesterday that made me really appreciate what they do.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I received a nice 'thank you' from him. I'm pretty sure he's going to quickly make a name for himself and his unit: 92D MP BN

Wonder if there's a ribbon for Great Egg'd Food?

You did good Mickey.

Spring "Egg'n In Spring Is Easier Than Egg'n In Afghanistan But Just As Fun" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Cool, Mickey! Nice work. Still wondering how he's gonna cook for 80 hungry soldiers on a mini though. :)

Regardless, Chris, thank you and the guys for all you do! Stay safe!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Yes, I did also get a very nice "thank-you" from Chris.
    It was a joy to be able to write back to him and thank him for his service to all of us.
    God be with him!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    That was very nice of you Mickey to head the operation! A nice way for the troops to feel a little more at home. Just fantastic Mickey!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good news Mickey,, maybe he can hookup with my son in Bahrain and his little weber and they can have a fest :woohoo: :laugh:
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow! That was fast!

We also received a nice thank you note from Chris. It was very thoughtful of him to take the time to thank each of us individually. Looking forward to seeing pics of the mini being fired up so far away! And the resulting grins of his men!

Jeri
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sweet Mickey!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Mickey - Thanks for spearheading the effort to send the Mini to Chris. I also received a very nice 'Thank You' email from him.

It is Chris and his fellow troops who deserve OUR thanks.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Mickey: Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing some smiling soldiers! B) Thanks for taking charge of this endeavor! Working on a small care package here of some sauces and rubs and such. :)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Awesome news! Sorry I didn't get in on the shipping, but the good Captain has 2 boxes of goodies on the way as of this morning....it's a great day in the USA! :)
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Mickey, give him OUR thanks for all that they do to keep us safe.
  • field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Options
    Glad he received the mini, I'm sure he and his friends will enjoy it. The mini is great, but it's what he is doing for our Country that is really great.

Barry
    marthasville, MO
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Thanks again Micky for organizing this LOL had a nice note from Chris too. I can not wait to see what they cook LOL
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Good to hear Mickey. Can't wait to see some food pic's from them. :)
  • RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Options
    B) Way to go Mickey!