Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Comp practice pics and a few others (long post)

walrusegger
walrusegger Posts: 314
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two thirds of our newly formed comp team got together yesterday to do some practice. We've been planning for a couple months and plan to debut in July. We've got a ways to go, but we're getting there and having a blast. We didn't get around to getting practice boxes and green leaf lettuce for presentation practice, but were able to cook three of the four meats...I've got some spares on now.

Here's my buddy's butt he cooked on his WSM.
butt.jpg

Here's some chicken thighs we trimmed up a bit and cooked...some with sauce, some unsauced.
chickenpractice.jpg

Here's my brisket about half way done.
brisketcooking.jpg

Had to do some ABTs to nibble on...here are cooking on top of the brisket, can't go wrong with a little bacon dripping on your brisket!
abts.jpg

Sliced brisket...not my best effort, a bit dry, but I learned a few things along the way.
brisketpractice.jpg

Ended the day with s'mores for the kids...here's Walrusegger Jr. in marshmallow mode!
Jrmashmallows.jpg

Another one...
Jrmashmallows2jpg.jpg

My daughter drew this one for me during day's long cook...fridge material!
Delaneypicegg.jpg

Comments