Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

getting ready

Options
tacodawg
tacodawg Posts: 335
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pick up my large in 2 weeks at EggFest at Eggs Be The Bay.. I have been smoking on a side draft for a few years.. Ready for the new challenges. It looks like the wiggle rod and maverick 732 are must haves for slo cooks. Getting stocked up on lump and meats.. ribs, tri tips and pork butts.. Looking forward to trying pizza.. Hard to wait...

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome. You will love the EGG and it will be worth the wait. I am just coming up on a year of EGGing and it has been a great ride so far.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

You are going to really enjoy that large, congratulations. Another accessory/necessity, check out thirdeye's ThirdHand for a grid lift. It makes life much easier.

GG
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Yes, indeed, my Third Hand and Wiggle Rof showed up in yesterday's mail, so they got broke in last night. Great eggcessories!

:)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    Ordering both the third hand and wiggle rod Monday.. Just got back from RD, Royal Oak 20# bags for $10.04,bought 6 to get me started. I have 4 slabs of BB Ribs waiting in the freeezer going to get some pork butts for some pulled pork and tri tips this week..
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Geeze, sure wish we had a RD or something like it around here. The best we can do on RO is 10# 6.39 at walmart.

You have a lot of fun coming your way. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

GG
  • ron4fish
    ron4fish Posts: 144
    Options
    My second cooking was today and am getting better with practice. My brother Le Oeuf Vert and his wife Madame Le Oeuf Vert turned me on at the Waldorf Eggfest. Bought a medium egg and loving it!!