Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New to the forum

onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 647
edited 6:36AM in EggHead Forum
I have had my XL BGE for almost 2 years now. Wow, time flies when having fun. I use it year round - even been known to shovel a path through 3.5ft of snow to get to it just to have a nice juicy NY strip.

Last night did a pork shoulder for pulled pork. It cooked for a little over 15.5hrs at approximately 220-225 using a dry rub (with my secret recipe). We then took it to a friends house where we cooked a pp bbq pizza - he only had a classic weber, however, it was still pretty good. I will be investing in a plate separator and pizza stone very soon! I have been trying to convince my wife that pizza on a grill is a very good thing. Now that she liked what we had, I get the new toys :)

If you are looking for a killer dessert, slice a fresh pineapple and soak it for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better) in tequila, brown sugar, vanilla and pinch of cinnamon. Then throw it on the grill for 2-3 minutes a side (depending on how hot you have the grill). If you don't want/have the tequila (some people don't drink), you can substitute water.

Looking forward to many more posts/replies in the forum.
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    You need to try Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head man :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Welcome to the forum.

Where ya located?

We like to see pics of cooks!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Welcome to the forum....interesting idea on the pineapple...I've been on a Malibu kick recently - stocked up on pineapple and coconut - I'm thinking the coconut might be a worthy substitute for the tequila??? Will be looking for more of your posts and pics too! :)
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    How dare you put such a sinful idea in my head! Dang you and thank you all rolled in one. Malibu here I come!
    ·