Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grilled Mahi Mahi

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 5:52PM in EggHead Forum
I fired up the Small BGE and grilled some Mahi Mahi and added some new potatoes, roasted with shallots.

102_3558.jpg

We started with a salad made with some fig infused, balsamic vinegar and a new EVOO. It was fine!

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    BobS:

You're killing me here in the flatlands! :sick:

Nice cook!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Bob My kind of cook. Congratulations
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,743
    Good one Bob! What did you crust the fish with? Beauty man

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    BobS; That Mahi looks pretty close to perfect! How did you do it please, and which rubs, etc? Looks really good! Direct?
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Nice work Bob! Mahi is good eat'in. We had mahi in Florida at the famous grill 'Squid Lips'. Then we grilled mahi at home, I think the egg out cooked Squid Lips. ;)
  • SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    Now I'm going to have to cook some fish, great cook Bob!
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    I just used Dizzy Dust, so it was not really a crust.

I cooked it direct on a raised grate at around 370 and never even turned it over. It had the skin on and I oiled it before putting it on the grill.