Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Tel-tru ?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just received my Tel-tru Thermo's. I ordered a 2 1/2 and 5 inch. With the Five inch stem do you put the stem all the way down. Meaning the nut right against the outside of the egg. Do people use the inside clip to hold in place? I have a Large Egg. I ordered one of each because I figured the longer stem would be poking larger cooked items. Do you notice any temp variation between the 2 1/2 and 5 inch on a large?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    IMG_0114.jpg
    <p />gdub16,
    the 5" is only 1" longer than original equipment. I protect the back using a toy wooden wheel - that is 1/2" thick so I'm only protuding 1/2" more than before - I don't think that is much reason for alarm. As for the clip - I've never used them - you can easily pluck out for testing and besides being free to float if you in fact stuck a chicken or ham with the longer stem you could tell when the dome went down. HTH

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    RRP,[p]Cool idea! Now where is my boy's old wooden train set?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister,
    hmmm I don't have any kids but there are plenty of them in the neighborhood. Maybe I will look around the neighboorhood for kids you leave their toys outside. I figure I would be teaching them a valuable lesson of putting their toys away and get a the wooden wheel for the egg. Sounds like a win win ;)

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    49 cents in a artsy-craftsy store for a 2" one - otherwise 50 years from now your kid will be at Antique Road Show and they will tell him his old wooden train would have worth a kaillion dollars if only that wheel wasn't missing!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.