Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Deep Dish Q and Gino's East Recipe

danv23danv23 Posts: 565
edited 11:30PM in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I don't know how to post a link so I'll just copy it in here. If you love Gino's East but don't live in Chicago, this guy comes as close to it as I have had and I've tried LOTS of recipes.

My question is, I HAVE to try and cook this on the egg. Please let me know how you all would set it up, temp, time, etc. I love details so please don't be shy!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I gotta say, we went to Chi-town last year and made a point of eating at Gino's East, and I was very disappointed not even accounting for the hype.
  • SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    I would think the time and temps would be identical for the BGE. Just don't heat the pan prior to the cook.
  • SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    By the looks of his menu Gino is proud of his *%@#! :ohmy:
  • Hmm usually the yellow color comes from semolina flour?