Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT:Seal Plastic Bags with Old Bottle Caps

bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited 4:01PM in EggHead Forum
This beats the hell out of twist ties..

Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, as in photo.

bottleseal.jpg

Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw the top to seal.

bottleseal2.jpg

The bag is made to be air-tight, such that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw cap!

Now you can get a good seal from cheap bags. I got this tip from "The Most Intersting Guy In The World"

IMAG0041-1.jpg

Anyone know his "real" name? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
·

Comments

• Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Pretty cool idea.

Is that "Pooter Brown"? Or should I say "Mr. Pooter Brown" B)
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    something about that pic just gives me.... shivers..... :blush: that smooth head......the little tips of his ears..... bbrrrrrr..... :whistle:
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    MR?.....more like Ms... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    His name is M - I - C...... K - E - Y.....M - O - U - S - E!!!!

As Mickey Mouse would say.... "See Ya Real Soon!!" :laugh: (Too bad there is no music notes emoticon... :whistle: )
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,684
    Cool!!!

Now what to do with the rest of the bottle.

Spring "Think'n Cap On" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Very cool. I have some bottles on the counter I was going to put in my bin of bottles to be saved for October apple pressing. I might have to use one to try this out! (I hate twist ties. Anything to replace them would be good.)
    ·
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    :woohoo: That picture will never die I can see. Julie Julie Julie I owe you big time. Guess what it's your turn at the mini fest. Bubba your second, and LC your third in line. :woohoo:
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Bring it on Micky :)I mean Mikey :woohoo: why am I first????
    ·
    Because your the one that took the picture and you promised you would never release it. :whistle:
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Don'tcha just hate it when that happens! :laugh:
    ·
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Oh ohhhh....I am SOOOO shakin' in my boots!!! :blink: NOT!!! :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :evil:
    ·
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 361
    Little Chef wrote:
    His name is M - I - C...... K - E - Y.....M - O - U - S - E!!!!

As Mickey Mouse would say.... "See Ya Real Soon!!" :laugh: (Too bad there is no music notes emoticon... :whistle: )

18.gif 23.gif

:woohoo:

BOB
    ·
  • Ah Poot, at least while you age the picture wont....

Doug
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    you;re my kinda guy..... at the range!
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    you're my kinda guy!..... at the range!.........
    ·
    Ray if I had to I can hunt for meat. Then cook it up. :laugh:
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Hummmm.... that's what Ziplock bags are for. :blush:
    ·
    Did not know bread comes in zip lock.
    ·
    Bring it on wing boy!...remember, I can hit your nads at 1000 yards! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
    Well I can hit yours a 600 yards, and will know at 1000 yards soon. :woohoo:
    ·
    and who's gun were you shooting???? hmmmmm Remember, LC shoots damn near as good as I do. I will hit the right one, and she will take the left one... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

kinda like this....

springchicken-1.jpg

Nad-less... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·