Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Not egged yet.

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited 7:56AM in EggHead Forum
Two new tropical fruits to try.
The small one is a Sapodilla and the large one is a Mamey Sapote. I only tried the sapodilla. It tastes like a pear soaked in brown sugar.
Not egg related, yet. but I thought interesting
47012f96.jpg
28fa2d32.jpg
2f9663b0.jpg

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I bet they would made some tastee preserves! ;)
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I bet it would. I like it fresh. Tomorrow I'll try the big one.
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    HungryMan: Seriously, wait until that Mamey has what looks like some dimples happening on the skin! It should 'give' like an almost ripe Avocado. Mamey makes some of the finest ice cream, or smoothies on the planet! Truly a delicacy...but this one isn't ready to eat yet. Another 3-4 days on the counter. ;) JMO.
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    try this... Just before total ripe, cut in half and grill at 400... Then drizzle with a balsamic glaze (balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and butter - and then reduce into a syrup). Serve like that or with some vanilla bean ice cream.
    It's pretty soft and wrinkley now. What do you think?
    aae42e94.jpg
    Wow. I think I passed the stage on that one. It is pretty soft. I might try it later today. The sapodillas are real sweet.
    I ate it. They tase really good. I got this stuff shipped from Miami. By dumb luck I stoped at a local store and what did Mangos from Miami and mamey sapote. He is the only one up here that has heard of them. No I can get my south FL fruit around the block.
    449c9a8c.jpg
    8d38a4b6.jpg
    They even have Genes secret cornbread.
    9afb0f0d.jpg
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,795
    I get 10c per box royalties, no worries

p.s. that other stuff is called corn. We seem to find it pretty common up here :kiss: