Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blues Hog Smokey Mountain Sauce

BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 363
edited 8:21PM in EggHead Forum
It was here when I got home from work.

Opened the box and dumped out the packing

Opened a jar of the Smokey Mountain Sauce

Stuck in my finger in the jar and licked the sauce off my finger

It's no good. :pinch: If you ordered any, just foreward it on to me for proper disposal. :woohoo: ;)

No, really, it's pretty darn good. IMO, it won't replace the original or the Tennessee Red, but I'm going to have to make sure I never run out of it.

I am thinking chicken and/or ribs.

I didn't have any chicken or ribs in the freezer, so I got some pulled pork to try it on. Just pulled pork and BH Smokey Mountain on flour tortillas. Pretty good stuff!

BOB
The pint jar is already half gone. I think I just might like thes stuff :woohoo: :woohoo: ;)

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I like to mix the Original with Tennessee Red, suits my taste jus' fine, thank'ee very much!! :laugh: :P
    Good stuff! :cheer:
  • I agree with you on mixing. I do 50/50. But I will probably order a pint of the new next time I place an order.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Me Too! :P
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    How is the sweetness level compared to the original?
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 363
    Without doing a side-by-side comparisom, I would say it's not quite as sweet as the original. It definately has the "Blues Hog" undertones. That's a good thing, as far as I am concerned. ;)