Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Dental Exams

Options
The Bone
The Bone Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm just amazed and telling all my friends but everyone else seems to know already!! Some dental insurers don't cover routine exams if they are performed any earlier (even 1 day) than your six month anniversary of your last exam..... I'm incredulous... :unsure:

Comments

• kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    Rules are Rules, and insurance companies like to make up their own.....

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    According to a friend, it's kinda simple.. When the date is right, send them out for an exam & cleaning. When they come back, just submit the claim...
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    kolbdriver wrote:
    Rules are Rules, and insurance companies like to make up their own.....

and not tell you that they changed..

it is the golden rule .. he who has the gold makes the rule
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    This is true....also, most insurances don't pay for annual screenings if you have them any sooner than every 365 days (mammograms, psa screenings). A lot of them also have a new method of classifying some hospitalizations....Observation status can and does include overnight visits and in some cases multiple nights. In-patient status is exactly what one might think - you stayed in the hospital overnight. To the consumer there is often a huge difference in the copay/deductible. Insurance companies make tons of money not paying legitimate claims. I'll now step down from my soap box. :ohmy:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    If you only knew....(and maybe you do)....I say buyer beware. The biggest and most cruelest coverage of all these days are the Medicare replacement plans. I will beat the snot out of anyone who would be unlucky enough to convince my mother to opt out of traditional Medicare. These replacements are great - until you get sick and need them. :angry: