Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Ham

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to be cooking a ham on Sunday ( 8 lbs. ) and was wondering how long I should cook it. It is a Smithfield Ham and the packaging says 18 mins. per lb. at 375... I would like to go for about 250-300... any suggestions?

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Good Eats,
    Ham for the holiday. Traditions that are handed down generation to generation surrounding the dinner table.[p]Well, Mad Max,(my mentor), just posted a ham glaze above. Check that out.[p]To the ham itself, we want it tender, moist and flavorful. My suggestion is to do a classic. Get your ham out and bring it up to room temp. Rinse and dry it. Score a cross hatching in the fat and stud each intersection with a whole clove. Just push the cloves in.[p]Get the egg stabilized at 350 degrees. Set up indirect, platesetter, grid, drip pan, v rack. When your temp prob in the meat reads 100 degrees, cover ham loosly with alumimum foil and continue cooking untill the temp is 160. Remove foil and baste with Max'es ham glaze. Continue to cook and baste untill meat temp is 170 degrees. Let ham rest a good 15 minutes before carving with electric knife. Tip- serve sliced ham on platter surrounded with grilled pineapple drizzled with ham glaze.
    Clay Q

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    Clay Q,
    I like the way you instruck - all good info.