Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FANTASTIC SERVICE @ J&J Grills, Birmingham, AL

Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recently, I discovered a manufacturing defect in the dome of my large EGG. There was a bump the size of a BB located on the smooth area where the band should grip. This bump was forcing the dome to ride up high in the band. Thus, the rear of the dome wouldn't seal leading to difficult low and slow cooking plus damaged felt gaskets.[p]I called Ken at J&J Grills, the BGE retailer here in Birmingham (205) 822-2222, to discuss the problem -- he said that I should just bring the dome back and he'd give me another. Unfortunately, J&J is closed on the weekends, but Ken said that he would be there on Saturday and offered to call me to tell me when. I gave him my home number, not expecting the phone to ring. Well, I was wrong. He called around noon and said that he would be there for a few hours. I ran the dome by the shop -- got a new one and a new felt strip -- FOR FREE![p]Thanks for the great service![p]Bama Fire

Comments