Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First try at a Rib Roast in a Salt Crust

BenCourBenCour Posts: 62
edited 10:50AM in EggHead Forum

It's been a long time since I haven't posted here so I tought I would share this one. Yesterday, based on Little Chef post a while ago, I decided to give a try to a Rib Roast in a Salt Crust. It was only for me, my wife and the 2 kids so the roast is pretty small but here it is in picture

I mixed white yolk, salt and Montreal Steaks spices

I covered the rib roast with the mixture

And finally, here is the final product

I pulled it out at 110 and let it rest 20 min in foil.
It came out pretty good and was very moist. Sides were too salty but I just had two remove a very thin slice and that was it.

• LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    I also tried it with mixed results....frankly, the egg, with a little mesquite, slow roast and then hit it on high for a crust at the end does such an incredible job I dont think I would try the salt thing again....but rib roast on the egg is a pretty amazing cook!!!!