Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I aint bragging, but....

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in New York this weekend and thought I'd check out one of Manhattan's hit southwestern style restaurants - Mesa Grill. I've been there before and I like his molasses/chipotle covered ribs. I still like his sauce, but I think I could do better ribs on my egg. [p]I've heard other folks in this news group say stuff like this about really good restaurants now I know why. [p]Bobby Flay, the head chef at Mesa Grill has a show on the Food TV cable channel and he used to do a barbecue/grilling show with a buddy of his. The wait staff at the restaurant said a new version of the show is coming out this summer. The Philadelphia chef - Jack of jack's Firehouse - is a true, low and slow barbecue guy who keeps up on good 'cuing ideas. I wonder if their show will include a beer butt chicken and a segment on the BGE?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    char buddy,[p]That is pretty good news about Jack McDavid and a new show. He had some pretty good ideas and recipes, but seemed to be held back on the old "Chillin' and Grillin'" show.[p]Ashley