Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef pull; well we gonna see

dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
edited 9:51PM in EggHead Forum
Hi, Sorry, I guess I have been hogging 8MWOG's post with my beef beef so I guess I will sort it out over here now.

K we put it on at like 16:30 EST on Friday and many things have happened over time and we are now marking 02:30 am on Saturday.

I'm sure this will be sweet!

look at these pics and call me dopey if you choose; I'm gonna taste it in a minute so you will be either correct or incorrect :)

It goes on

DSC03627.jpg

It starts changing colour

DSC03628.jpg

My wife makes me feed the children

DSC03630.jpg

we get to 170F and then we combine garden cocktail with cast iron, put a lid on it and then we go to 208*F because I am an electrician and 208 is significant to me...

DSC03632.jpg

Now we are resting......

Comments

• SmokinbSmokinb Posts: 99
    Looks good but I don't get the 208 reference.
  • SmokinbSmokinb Posts: 99
    Looks good but I don't get the 208 reference.
  • Me thinks the wife had the right idea, feeding the kids while it was still edible. Don't know about getting quality pullable beef with a sirloin roast. Sure, you can pull it, but I think it will be dry...like the hard to swallow kind. Go for a cut with more fat, IMO. Hope I am wrong, and hope it turns out great!
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Well it's an electrician thing

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03634.jpg

DSC03638.jpg
    \\tastes great!!!!!!!
  • You proved my prior response wrong, dude! I eat my words! That looks great!
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 423
    Congtats !! I was wondering what the turnout would reveal.LOOKS GOOD AND TASTY !!
    More meat please !! :-)
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    beef looks great. what cut is that?

and what is the 208* reference (besides being an electrician thing)
    context is important :)
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Hehe it was called a Top Sirloin roast.

208 is the line to line voltage in a 120/208 volt three phase system. :laugh:
  • 'Q Bruddah'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    It MY mind I should have let it go as an 'electrician thing' because even after the explanation I feel none the wiser.

It IS, however, a good looking piece of meat and delectable sandwich. Good job!
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    dugdbug wrote:
    Hehe it was called a Top Sirloin roast.

208 is the line to line voltage in a 120/208 volt three phase system. :laugh:
    :woohoo:
    context is important :)