Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATHENS Meet and Greet GREAT

Options
Desert Oasis Woman
Desert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We were a tad late, so got the last of the mojitos and beef, but Athens Meet and Greet was GREAT!!
Thanks to Big Al, Jim, Sandy, and all the kind folks who worked real hard tonight to show us such appreciation! We all had a great time and you have a marvelous venue!!
Looking forward to tomorrow, come more rain or shine B)

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yea, just what you said. Now I've got to get some sleep for an early tomorrow.

Spring "Well Fed And Ready For Tomorrow" Chicken
    Athens Texas USA
  • SWOkla-Teresa
    Options
    yup...ditto all of the above :lol: Mojitos RULE!!

Allen! Allen! Allen! :kiss:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The Athens Eggfests at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries is off the hook.
    The location and set up is hands down the best Eggfest I have ever attended.
    "All" the people involved in hosting this event and getting it rolling today have been super stars. Big Al along with all the Texas Freshwater Fisheries staff run a great facility. We are covered for any weather issues and needs.
    Morrison's Supply came in with the same goal. They want to be the best Eggfest just like their company. Jimmie and his group "built" a store front today to cook for the crowd. You really have to wait for the photos and Spring Chickens video to believe the set up here in Athens.
    Its not to late. Drive out in the morning...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    There will be shine says Loco Engr Dan.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Nahhh . . . the sun didn't shine that much on Friday!
    :whistle:

I got it covered :woohoo: B)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    All of what Darian said!
    Not to mention that Brookshire's Grocery Store chipped in with a very generous $50 worth of gift cards for us to buy goodies!

pic of the Morrison store front

Athens1.jpg

I have never seen so much enthusiasm by the hosts to provide anything we wish and their desire for prefection! Truly amazing!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    THat's awesome!! Have fun you guys!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE