Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket burnt ends?

Options
Kentucky Wildcat Fan
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm smokin a 11 lb whole brisket tomorrow. I've heard of "burnt ends" that are suppose to cook a little longer than the whole brisket and suppose to be fantastic. I'm looking for some suggestions on how to do this? Thanks a lot!
Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    couple of ways to get there....i like to separate the point from the flat when the flat is out of the plateau (heading up out of the 170 range)....then i wrap the flat in foil to let it finish. ...take the point, add some more rub to the side that was 'protected' by the flat, and throw it back on the egg and let it continue to cook....its not so much a matter of it reaching a certain internal temperature as it is reaching a desired texture ...i.e., you want it to stop feeling like jello....

now, you can start applying sauce to it before its done (or not, some do, some don't), if you do, just do it at the end. ...particularly if you are using a sauce that has a lot of mollases or other sugar in it as that will really crust/burn up on the point more than you want.....

when the point reaches the desired texture/doneness, take it a cut up into chunks....you can then douse it in sauce and serve it...or douse it in sauce and put in a pan back on the egg just until the sauce has a chance to carmelize nicely on the meat ...

its all good....
  • CaptHowdy
    CaptHowdy Posts: 45
    Options
    Good luck with your brisket Wildcat fan....and not to hijack your thread but GO CATS!!!!! Fellow Kentuckian here
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    It don't get much better than burnt ends of brisket.
  • BigJonMoo73
    Options
    Gonna do my first brisket and burnt ends this weekend. Seems easy enough... LoL 
    Little Elm, Tx
    LBGE