Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

56 days,New record

Options
Serial Griller
Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm baking pizza tonight on my egg. :woohoo: We got rain and snow this week!It's been 56 days since they imposed fire restrictions and I was able used my egg. :( .A new record.Last year it was 42 days.

Comments

• pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    Enjoy your pizza getting rain in Iowa today. Its never normal anymore either wet or dry.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Thats way too long. Enjoy the cook. Don't stop at Za, do an overnighter and really enjoy yourself. :)
  • h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    So are you saying that when it's fire restrictions you cannot use the Egg (legally)? I guess I can understand the point, but does that apply to all grilling? Gassers? Don't think I could live there! Or just use the egg inside. (hey, I'm just kidding, no CO warnings necessary!)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Jon:

Sorry to see that happen!

Did you having anything in the freezer
    to help lessen the pain?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    If you had the foresight, you could have aged a rib eye for 60 days and been ready to go
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    It's a $600 fine if caught using charcoal.When there is a fire.they are hot to find someone to blame it on.The wife talked me into using the gasser a couple of times which is allowed...Like pulling teeth.Not too excited about using the gasser.
    It was good to get back to egging. Pizza was great ..turkey breast today. ribeye tomorrow, shrimp fried rice Monday!