Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elevated Cooking Grates

Options
ThrRoff
ThrRoff Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brisket1s.JPG
<p />I am a relatively new BGE user, and have been looking at a lot of the pictures here. Fantastic cooks. Numerous posts show a smaller elevated cooking grate. Where does one buy these? I had to cut a 6.5 lb brisket flat in half yesterday and could only cook one half. I sure would like to be able to cook the whole thing. Unless I am not good at searching the BGE web site, they are not offered as an accessory.

Comments

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Thrroff,
    Welcome to the Wonderful World Of Egging!! One of the best places to learn about your new egg besides this forum is from the Naked Whiz's web site at http://www.nakedwhiz.com. I have included the link to his site that tells you how to make a raised grid. I think this is what you are looking for. In fact looking at your photo I see in the background what looks like a Weber grill so you may even have one of the necessary parts already, an 18 in. Weber grate. Any way good luck and please post any receipies and pictures that may be of interest to the rest of use.

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm[/ul]
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Welcome aboard Thrroff,[p]Do you mean that you had to cut a whole brisket and only cook the 6.5 lb flat? That looks like a good sized chunk of chest you got going there on a large Egg if I'm not mistaken. Or is that a small Egg with a novelty sized Webber ashtray in the background? Either way, you don't need to cut it in half. I regularly do 15-18 pound briskets whole in my large, although a raised grid is must have accessory.[p]I'd recommend following the link in Retired Railroader's reply and make your own fully adjustable raised grid with carry handles, or you can click on the "See What's New" link up above to see BGE's own raised grid and order it direct. [p]Cheers,
    C~Q