Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made from scratch chicken soup pic heavy

Options
2»

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks Dow you are to kind. Like you said the c&d is sooo very good and today I have tried to share it but, no takers. Not a problem I have a handle on that. :whistle:
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Yes Kent you heard right. :woohoo: In my defence each time I refiled my bowl was not quite empty. :blink:

I will say it again this stuff is really good and Cindy and I burned calories making it. :pinch: :whistle:
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thanks Tom. I could eat the dumplings by themselves. :P
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Thank you Shane. It is a humbling experience.
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Hey Faith, No typo on the breast temp although now that you bring it up I did forget to take into account my et-73 reads 10 degrees low. So now the story is grilled the breast to 170F IT then simmered them for 3 hours. I will add this, my chicken was very done but, ohhh sooo tender and of course juicy. One other thing is I did not check it with my thermapen when I took it out of the egg. I usually do that but not this time. I wasn't told to over cook the chicken in the egg. In fact I was told I could if I wanted to under cook the chicken. I will admit I was doing other things and when I looked the et-73 said 180F IT. Sooo it's true I can make this cook better. :woohoo:
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    ChuggaBrew wrote:
    The world would be a better place if it had more people like you.
    +237!

And a big thanks to VI for posting the chicken & dumpling recipe; I may not be able to wait until the weather turns cold next fall...
    (what am I saying?!? It's still snowing here! :S

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    Go for it cause it's great. ;)