Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Nights Ginger-Lime-Honey Glazed Tuna

Options
Smokin Bob
Smokin Bob Posts: 239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
gingertuna
<p />Last night while I was watching my brisket (on the large) for my first GURU run my small did dinner...[p]From Paul Kirk's...[p]A great and easy marinade. Matched with our favorite, Risotto with a little Feta cheese (not the best match with this tuna but we eat it with everything/anything) along with some spinach sauted with a little butter and garlic.[p]Marinade:[p]1/4 Cup Light Soy
1/4 Cup Honey
2 tbs Light Brown Sugar
2 tbs Fresh Grated Ginger
2 tbs Lime Juice
2 tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, Pressed
2 tsp Jalapenos (I LEFT THESE OUT)
1 tsp Lime Zest[p]Drop in 1" thick tuna steaks for 1 hour refrigerated.[p]I took the remainder of the marinade and reduced it and drizzled (it was a bit too clumpy for drizzling at that point) it on the plate prior to placing tuna on.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    smokinBoB,[p]Looks GREAT!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    smokinBoB,
    That DOES look great! Thans for the pic and the recipe.[p]Mike

• smokinBoB,[p]I took it upon myself to inquire about this type of sauce at a Korean market. The shopkeeper suggested that the sesame oil be added AFTER (as in a day after) the sauce was mixed so that the oil wouldn't ruin the melding of the other flavors. (I like to bring my mix up to a slow 5 minute boil..simmer not required) [p]I have not used the lime juice, but roasted sesame seeds are always a welcome addition to our sauce along with diced scallions and a sprinkle of white pepper.[p]Enjoy - peterN