Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Georgia Mountain Eggfest- critical planning

SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,376
edited 6:27PM in EggHead Forum
Beer!

Will beer be available for sale at the eggfest, or is it BYOB?

...or perhaps BYOK (keg).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Pretty sure there is a plan for cooks to receive a couple cold beers included with their registration.

I will absolutely without a doubt have a very large cooler containing a considerable amount of ice cold beer.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I believe it is 3 beers per cook for free...you can also byob...especially at the afterparty!!!! ;) :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :)
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,728
    3 beers for some would be gone before the Egg was up to temp even starting it with a Weed Burner. LOL
    Have fun...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Hey!!!!!

Doug
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,031
    I'll spot you the first 3 beers.........after that you're on your own! :woohoo: Yes, it's BYOB at all of the events. We're also selling wine by the glass or the bottle!
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Egret...Just to be clear, the 3 'freebies' are just for those who are registered as cooks?? :huh:
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Come by my table and I will give you a 4th free beer. :P :P :P
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
    DEAL!!!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,376
    Thanks all. I'm not cooking this year, just eating (and drinking). I just wanted to know how much I needed to haul with me. Now I know...lots! I'm will bring some extra in case any cooks are running low.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • mrsroastingmrsroasting Posts: 27
    I'm a complete newbie and don't have an egg but just registered for the event. Been following the forums for months and can't wait to get an egg but don't have the other green stuff to buy yet.

What should I bring, expect, etc. from the event? Bringing the family with me will the kids get bored? Thanks look forward to meeting some folks!
    ·
    Expect lots of good food and friendly people.

Ask questions and most cooks will be happy to talk your ears off. But also understand that some of us may be in the middle of an involved cook and won't have time at certain points of the day to chit chat. Just come back around as we all do it pretty much just for the opportunity to spend time with old friends and meet new ones.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    Have you ever cooked at a fest? Not for nothing just never seen it myself

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    go back to sleep and eat something
    ·