Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Elder's Paradise Butts

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy.
Always get kinda geared up when I do an overnite cook.[p]A 6.3 pounder for the kids' teachers tomorrow for lunch, and a 4 pounder for us tomorrow night. Started the 6 pounder about 6 hours ago. Internal around 140 now. Dome temps got a bit higher than I wanted early (270), but have a steady 220 now. I 'spect it to be done sometime whersabout 10am. Serve it up at school with Shake's sauce.[p]Will put on the 4 pounder at 7am or so....'spectin' it to be done for dinner.[p]I used Elder's rub basically, but my Penzeys order is a week overdue and I was out of fresh peppercorns. Threw some pre-ground black pepper in. Figurin' that pre-ground stuff has only a fraction of the taste of fresh pappercorns, I kicked it up with a TBSP of Grains of Paradise. Slathered the guys in mustard first, and coated them good with the rub so you couldn't see much meat.[p]We'll see what happens. Don't git much better'n pulled pork.
Hope everyone is havin a great evenin.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments