Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...only part of this really happened...

Options
Hoss
Hoss Posts: 14,600
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to Downtown Memphis on Sunday to see the river.It was AMAZING!The foot of Beale where it hits Riverside had been under about 4 feet of water.It had gone down some but Riverside was still closed.Mud Island looked like an anthill in a pond.From the foot of Beale to the west in Arksansas the River stretches 3 miles.90 million gallons of water is flowing past/under Memphis -Ark bridge every second.YES,I FORGOT the FREAKING camera! :blush: Realtor was showing the house and we had to vacate quickly.Ate lunch at Dyers famous Burgers on Beale(as seen on DDD).Do not make the same mistake. :sick: Hung out on Beale,listened to a few tunes then stopped by Blues City cafe for some take-out tamales for dinner.Served em up with Homemade tortilla chips(thanks AZRP) topped with Pancho's White Cheeze dip.Twas Tastee.
100_4102.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    You are showing the houses way too fast, stop and cook some egg meals. Just enjoy the shine.
    Lambchop is in Nashville for a week, on the way to her 50th hs grad party this sat in Little Rock and was wondering about driving over the 300 miles?
  • Hoss
    Options
    Nashville is a FUN city,so is Little Rock.I 40 between Memphis and LR was closed for a while.It is back open now.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    She checked into flying and would have had to go from Nashville to Chicago to get over the river, way tooo many $$$$. Easier to fly from Orlando to Dallas.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Uhhhh... the part that really happened looks pretty danged good. So sad for everyone flooded out (and those who will be). Hard to know the why, that river has a mind of its own. Hope you sell the house, but man - moving again???? I don't know that I could get used to that... :ohmy: :laugh: Perhaps the $$$ would help me get over it. :woohoo:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    The mighty Mississippi river is an awesome and powerful river. If I ever get over there in Memphis I will stay away from Dyers. Cindy and I are spoiled by our own cooks off the egg for sure. ;) I don't know if you want to move again or not but, I guess it's all part of it. Wish you and your family well. :)
  • Hoss
    Options
    I assure you the $$$ is the only thing motivating me these days.Thanks e.
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I miss Memphis/Collierville and all our friends there, but I don't miss Dyer's one bit! ;)

Been in touch with some of my boys there and they've been sharing pics of the River...unreal! My hunting house in Arkansas, near the White, has been flooded.. :angry: ..but that's NOTHING compared to the thousands along ole man river who have lost it all. Hope all your loved ones are dry and safe Hoss!
  • Hoss
    Options
    Thanks friend.Hate to hear about your Ark place. :( I'm with you,count my blessings everynite and pray for those more severely affected.