Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rainy Day Ribs

eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
edited 4:53PM in EggHead Forum
Started off this morning with just a mist, but it subsequently became a steady rain. Nothing new here in Ohio. I don't remember the last time we saw the sun.

Made 3 slabs of baby back ribs today. Bruckers rub, and egged indirect at 250-275 for 4 hours 15 minutes, then took out the plate setter and egged at 275 for 25 minutes until sauce carmelized. I replaced the placesetter, for the final 20 minutes to keep them warm before delivering to my family. Served the family on time for once, lol.

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

My wonderful mother made dilled potatoes, green beans with bacon, cole slaw, and corn bread to accompany the ribs. :) I had the easy part.

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,072
    Morning Rebecca:

Those look FANTASTIC...any chance you will do them next weekend????? I know I would love to have one! :P

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Those look wonderful and your mother's sides sound awesome too. I have a rack of baby backs on my self, at 3 hours now.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    they look great Rebecca, same weather here :( and the 7 day forecast is rain, rain, rain :pinch:
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    They look terrific! I just ordered my second AR from TJV with the oval grids and stone. The best rib setup ever, had to get one for Cincy! :laugh:
  • The easy part and the best part!
  • MarineMarine Posts: 84
    They do look great and now thanks to that great picture everyone just saw them and are demanding ribs next weekend :laugh: :laugh: It's a tough job but someone has to do it I guess :silly:
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hi Rebecca
    The ribs look beautiful
    We are getting the same weather here :(
    Wondering if we will get a summer this year :laugh:

Shane
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,432
    Hoooodoooogy, hot daaaang, yeahooozzzzaaaaa!
    Bet Mom was happy. :woohoo:

Rebecca...there was beautiful sunshine that made the daffodils sparkle when I visited you. :cheer: ;)
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Beautimous - just three? B)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    So what does one have to do to become part of the family? Maybe you could just toss me a bone or two :laugh: Ribs look great
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Don't tell anyone Frank, but I'm slipping. :side:

two weeks ago:
    IMG_6623.jpg

Last week:
    IMG_6595.jpg
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 751
    Those are seriously beautiful ribs! The sides sound great too, must have been a wonderful day despite the weather :-)
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    fantastic ribs, Rebecca !
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Seems like cooking in the rain is a theme this year. Ribs look great! I think you brought a little sunshine to a few folks life just the same. :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com