Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Delicious Dr. BBQ Recipe...

Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
edited 8:19PM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday morning the wife asked me if I wanted to cook some dinner on the Egg... well... yeah! :) I made the mac & cheese recipe from the BGE cookbook once last summer and had been craving it since easter. The wife had made our "go to" mac & cheese recipe from Martha Stewart-- I wont comment on her, but her mac & cheese recipe is good. Never the less... I wanted that delicious recipe from the BGE cookbook. Now what to go with it. I flipped through the pork and seafood sections and found some interesting ideas. Then as I flipped to the back to look at the index it fell open to Ray Lampe's Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Peach Barbecue Drizzle page. She instantly said "What's that?!?!" We had our answer. :) I have made several iterations of coffee rubs and liked them all. This version, while less complicated than some, did not disappointed. I found the Drizzle to be quite tasty too. Of course, the mac & cheese was as I expected. There is subtle flavor in that dish that comes from the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce that I really like. If you haven't tried them I would recommend giving both of these recipes a try. I will let the photos do the talking from here. I hope you enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

It was a marvelous meal, a great night with good friends, and the reason I barbecue.

Egg On!
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments

• c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    Beautiful cook! Need to try that mac-n-cheese, looks great :)
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    wow that all looks awesome.. glad to see you are trying diffrent things i have been in a rut sort to speak. no creative juices flowing :(

but i love pork tenderloin ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sitting in bed with coffee and iPad, wishing some of that was left over in my fridge :(
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,567
    That looks outstanding. Great job. Stacie is coming home today and I was wondering what i was going to cook for her. She loves mac and cheese so that might be what we are having for dinner. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow, does that look fantastic. Need to put both on my "must cook" list.
  • TheEgg&ITheEgg&I Posts: 16
    Cheese lover I am and have learned how chesse likes smoke. Great looking and no doubt tasting.
  • drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    Thanks! Glad you liked it.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ