Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Toronto Eggers

jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
edited 8:14PM in EggHead Forum
Anybody know where to buy wood chunks in Toronto? I have only ever seen wood chips.

Cheers!
Jimi

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,360
    Ontario gas barbeque in Woodbridge has a good selection including smokinglicious, Jack Daniels and Steven Raichlen plus others.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chance35Chance35 Posts: 6
    Its definitely worth the drive out to Ontario Gas BBQ. They have great service and you will be blown away by the selection they have. Very nice selection of BGE products too!

Other then that BBQ's Galore in Oakville also sell wood chips. But you wont get the selection or service there.

Thats my experience any way. Good luck!
  • JasperJasper Posts: 378
    Check your local Homesense/Winners. Sometimes they carry big bags of Hickory and Mesquite chunks (and they're big chunks) for $7.99. I just bought out all the bags at the Eglinton & Warden location. :whistle:
  • toquinatoquina Posts: 94
    There is a great BBQ store in Rockwood (Wellington Fire and BBQ) they have a large variety of chunks and cool accessories aswell
  • the butcherthe butcher Posts: 20
    i always buy from http://www.smokinlicious.ca/

Ive never had a problem getting what I want shipped to the house. And its usually pretty quick.
  • jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
    Thanks guys. I found some hickory chunks at Classic Fireplace & Gourmet Grills on Queen East.

I might have to make the trip up to Woodbridge to find some apple wood chunks.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,779
    Jimi, check this out

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-FIREWOOD-Apple-W0QQAdIdZ281677141

If they're still available, can you pick up few pieces for me please? Thanks.

Gary
    canuckland