Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Talapia Advice Needed

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
edited 8:43AM in EggHead Forum
We picked up a couple pounds of Talapia filets yesterday at Sam's Club. Never done fish on the egg. I thought I'd start with a reasonably hot fire, 400 or so, lemon, olive oil the raised grid and filets, a little lemon pepper on some and Ragin' River on the others, some butter about2/3rds of the way through and see what happens. Advice and pointers on my first fish cook are most welcomed![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
·

Comments

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    JimboBQ,
    Everything sounds good for your set up. Here's an option- A year ago I got the idea of using my Lodge skillet for talapia, catfish and other skinless fish. A dolop of clarified butter, lay the filets on and cook untill opaque and flakey. Crispy edges are delicious. [p]Careful, talapia cooks fast. Enjoy!
    Clay

·
  • tinmantinman Posts: 86
    JimboBQ,
    you're on the right track, I like to cook my fish on Alder planks. try this link www.sauteecedar.com[p]Jorge

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    tilapiasmall.jpg
    <p />JimboBQ,
    Here's how I like to do them.
    TNW

[ul][li]Panko Encrusted Tilapia[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    The Naked Whiz,
    Think that would work on catfish filets?[p]Mike

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Car Wash Mike,
    I don't know. How smart are the catfish? Seriously, (ha ha) I don't see why not. And of course, it is killer on salmon with a little added maple syrup...[p]dpnwsalmon.jpg[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
    The Naked Whiz,
    Beware, China is shipping in "farm raised" talapia & other fish. [p]Nessmuk,

·