Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Talapia Advice Needed

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
edited 10:14PM in EggHead Forum
We picked up a couple pounds of Talapia filets yesterday at Sam's Club. Never done fish on the egg. I thought I'd start with a reasonably hot fire, 400 or so, lemon, olive oil the raised grid and filets, a little lemon pepper on some and Ragin' River on the others, some butter about2/3rds of the way through and see what happens. Advice and pointers on my first fish cook are most welcomed![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    JimboBQ,
    Everything sounds good for your set up. Here's an option- A year ago I got the idea of using my Lodge skillet for talapia, catfish and other skinless fish. A dolop of clarified butter, lay the filets on and cook untill opaque and flakey. Crispy edges are delicious. [p]Careful, talapia cooks fast. Enjoy!
    Clay

• tinmantinman Posts: 86
    JimboBQ,
    you're on the right track, I like to cook my fish on Alder planks. try this link www.sauteecedar.com[p]Jorge

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    tilapiasmall.jpg
    <p />JimboBQ,
    Here's how I like to do them.
    TNW

[ul][li]Panko Encrusted Tilapia[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    The Naked Whiz,
    Think that would work on catfish filets?[p]Mike

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Car Wash Mike,
    I don't know. How smart are the catfish? Seriously, (ha ha) I don't see why not. And of course, it is killer on salmon with a little added maple syrup...[p]dpnwsalmon.jpg[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
    The Naked Whiz,
    Beware, China is shipping in "farm raised" talapia & other fish. [p]Nessmuk,