Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT- New Granite

FSM-MeatballFSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited 12:53AM in EggHead Forum
Not Egg related, but I just had to share this, We just got our new Granite countertop installed and it looks great.

If you are looking for granite, here is what we did.
A couple of times each year Home Depot has a big sale on granite. 10% off, one class of granite upgrade free and free basic edging. They sub it out to a local stone place and when I went over to look at slabs, they guy told me that Home Depot eats the discount. The stone place is getting their normal rate and I save a ton of money.

We got 66sq ft in a 12ft L plus a large island installed for under $4000.

5701760757_cc80865b27.jpg
5701784923_92a521c01b.jpg

Comments

• PattyOPattyO Posts: 883
    And don't forget the 10% veteran discount if your'e eligible. Just show your VA medical card or ID card. I guess discharge papers would work too, but you have to ask for it.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,770
    beautiful!!!
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    The counter looks great and thanks for the info!
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Congrats! Granite is the way to go, you'll really enjoy your space. Send pics with the plumbing installed. Good luck, Randy
  • reader40reader40 Posts: 69
    wow that looks really good! i love the way dark granite like that looks
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,347
    As someone who makes a lot of pizzas and homemade pasta, I am VERY jealous! Looks gorgeous, Randy.

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • KnaufKnauf Posts: 337
    I hate to burst your bubble but I used to sell granite before the housing market crashed. You should pay about $35-45 per sq ft for granite of that variety. You will pay more for ogee edging which is about $12 per linear ft. Avoid the middle man (home depot) and go direct to the local fabricator for your best deals.