Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled-Pork reheat

Options
BGE Pit Crew
BGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,[p]I'm looking for something different/exciting for reheating my pulled-pork. I've always put it in a crock pot with bbq sauce (boring, but very good). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.[p]Keep smokin, DK

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew, seriously try this. Put your pulled pork in a crock pot with no BBQ sauce and pour in one can of regular Coca-Cola. It has to be the regular - not diet or any flavored stuff. It does not impair the taste, but keeps the p/p from developing that crappy warmed over taste - it works for beef also. Then serve your BBQ sauce on the side - but you might just find that you'll enjoy the plain taste.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    RRP,[p]Very interesting! I have about 5lbs. of p/p, will one can of coke be fine? [p]Thank you much, DK
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew,
    yup just 1 can - put the meat in first and then pour it overit. As it warms I always stir it a few times - also it's best not to tell your guesta ahead of time because it sounds so strange! In fact I don't tell them at all - just let them rave about Ron's terrific pulled pork! BTW Dr Chicken should get the credit for this helpful hint. I'd tell the rascal myself, but...that's another story.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    RRP,[p]I now have a new favorite recipe! I'm sure it will be GREAT! Thank you very much, and enjoy your weekend.[p]Keep smokin, BGE Pit Crew (DK)