Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Whistlestop results

CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
edited 8:16PM in EggHead Forum
We finished 4th overall with a perfect 180 in ribs. 1st place ribs baby :woohoo:

Now it is time to go home and sleep :-).

p.s. 77 teams

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Congrats Gene. ;)
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    AWESOME, GENE !!!!!

Congrats to the team !!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Sweet!
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Nice job Gene, way to go ;)
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    A very long weekend indeed. It was all worth it in the end. We had an awesome time, laughed a lot, made some new friends and then topped it off with a great finish. I still can't believe it!
  • SmokinbSmokinb Posts: 99
    Congrsts! What different things did you cook/enter? How'd you do the ribs? Any shots of your plates you can share? 1st place is strong. Nice job!
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Congratulations and keep it up.
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Congrats on the 180 Gene. Quite an accomplishment!!
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Wow, that's terrific!
    Congrats! :cheer:
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    A shadetree competition is generally ribs and chicken only. We cooked thighs and spares at Whistlestop. Heath has pics of the ribs on the XL that I don't mind sharing. The sauce is a homemade concoction we make at home. As for plated, or boxed pics.....well that is like kissing and telling :P
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    And sleep I did. I dont think I moved all night. Here's a pic of the ribs on the XL. Everyone have a great Mothers Day!
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Congrats fellow AlaEgger. I'm sure the event helped get some folks mind off the storm damage, even just for a moment. Take care, Randy
    It was a nice time. Whistlestop had a People's Choice category and the money raised from it was donated to disaster relief locally. They also had teams cook extra meat and it was delivered to some of the locations serving food. Overall 500 lbs of meat and $10,000 dollars were donated.
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Great Work, Great Cause! Congratulations!
    I was shocked when I got the score sheets. Those are few and far between.
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,366
    Nice!!! 180s are real tough to come by these days, and that's a great showing at a serious contest! Congrats buddy.
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Congrats Gene.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Congratulations on your win!! That is huge!! How many compititions is this for you guys?
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Chris I would seriously like to pick your brain about chicken one day. I have one thing that is driving me crazy about our comp chicken. Thanks for the wishes
    My 4th and Heath's 2nd.