Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking advice "QUICK" !!

Options
Jeff
Jeff Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've marinated my country style ribs overnight in teriyaki and unsweetened pineapple juice. Any advice on cooking them in my BGE??
(Direct or indirect) and need temp and time. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jeff,
    If they are the fatty shoulder cuts, a good way would be 275-300 indirect for a few hours, finish direct if you want more crust, or to cook sauce on.[p]The lean country ribs are best done direct with higher temps...more like a pork chop.[p]Good luck!
    Hope that is quick enough to help.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Jeff,[p]You can go indirect or direct but since these are cut up they are often better done indirect so they don't get to dried out. There is no right or wrong way - you could try indirect at 275-325 for 4 hr and check the temp and see if your near 200 deg (that seems to work). Country ribs are not ribs but cut from the shoulder and can use the time to tenderize themselves.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Dang. Near collision!
    pretty similar answers too.
    seeya
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Yep - almost identical temps too. That was a good point about finishing up with direct - I like to do that. I just don't do many country styled ribs. There seems to be a lot of variation in quality - maybe because of the various cuts they call country ribs.[p]Tim