Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Doing Brant's Brined Beer-Butt Bird

RRPRRP Posts: 12,709
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I will be cooking our second roaster chicken according to the receipe posted here. The first attempt was darn good (a 4 pounder) and made a believer out of me, but I had a slight concern. As far as order I merely placed a pan on the grill, poured in a full can of beer and added 1/4 cup of apple vinegar and then rested the chicken sitter in the pan. While the bird was never in the liquid it was darn close.I used a probe and while the dome temp remained a constant 260-270 during nearly three hours the highest the internal temp ever got was 152 instead of 180 as per receipe. Was there too much liquid, or was it too close?
Seeing that chicken was consumed two weeks ago and we're still alive I guess it was ok...health wise, but were we merely lucky not to have been visited by those "country cousins" Sam & Ella????

Comments