Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 beer bacon cheese burgers [pic heavy]

Options
smokeybreeze
smokeybreeze Posts: 216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A recent bacon cheese burger cook that took two-beers' time to cook direct.

While heating the LBGE to 350 dome, made 4 extra large 85/15 patties:
IMG_4469.JPG

Added fresh ground black pepper and fresh ground pink Himalayan salt:
IMG_4470.JPG

Added a mix of colby, sharp cheddar, mozzarella:
IMG_4471.JPG

Sealed up the burgers:
IMG_4473.JPG

Added a bacon weave wrap:
IMG_4474.JPG

Drank two beers while they cooked, flipped 3 times until the bacon was just right and onto large potato buns:
IMG_4475.JPG

Aahhh:
IMG_4476.JPG

We enjoyed with Leinenkugel's 1888 Bock beer.

Comments

• BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Thank goodness my wife doesn't visit this board or I would be making that tomorrow...very nice job! You have certainly raised the bar for me.

Bruce
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    LOL!!! You have me trumped for sure!! :laugh: Made Jucy Lucy sliders here tonight, but it seems photobucket has gone down half way through my post!! Yours make my little sliders look like...well...TINY and LAME!!!! :laugh: Love the bacon weave idea! And if Photosuckit comes back up, I may have mine posted, too!! Nice burgers! :)
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    AArrrgghhh!!!
    You showed me the bacon!!! :silly: :silly:
    I can't believe how much effort must have gone into that weave :cheer:
    Well done smokeybreeze, you've earned that beer and one more and then we'll leave...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is inspiring! About how long did it take for the bacon to crisp up? Direct?

I might have to recalibrate based on beers. My wife always tells me I don't drink I guzzle.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    I'm having chest pains just looking at that bacon wrap job...great pics and description...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Oh crap that looks GOOD :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Now that's a bacon explosion cheeseburger if I eva saw one.
    Nice!
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    SmokeyPitt -

These burgers took about 40 minutes - 10 minutes per side times two. They were nearly 3/4 pound burgers (that's just the weight of the 85/15 hamburger) with a 3+3 bacon strip weave wrap. At least it was the healthy thin sliced bacon :whistle:

I used a toothpick broken in half to hold the backside of the weave in place - I could only weave it so far and still had a loose end or two. I probably didn't need to do that since I put the backside on the grill first.

Crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    I have a question...how do you get the cheese to melt nice and the juices from the meat not make it nasty? The one time I tried it the moisture made a nasty mess out of the cheese and I tossed it all.
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    Hey DR -

I do just what I showed in the pics and the temps shown (direct heat). Over time, I've used 80/20, 85/15, and 90/10 burger (meat/fat ratio) and never had a nasty moist mess. Maybe I'm just lucky :unsure:

I do not use egg wash to seal the two burgers and I always gently hand press the patties to keep them from getting too compressed.

This time I did the Jucy Lucys directly on the cast iron grate and I do not yet have fire bricks or anything to raise my grate height.

Anyone else with thoughts to help out a fellow egger?