Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Claws

TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
edited 6:10AM in EggHead Forum
I have to cook about 24 boston butts in a few weeks, and want to get some claws for pulling pork. Where is a good place to get them?
·

Comments

• BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    Thanks, now that I have seen photos and names, I found them on eBay for $11.99 with free shipping.

Thanks.
    ·
  • JfroeJfroe Posts: 4
    I did two 9 lb. butts last weekend. After I took them off the BGE (18 hours) I wrapped them in foil and then a towel and put them in a cooler for three hours. When it was time to eat, I unwrapped one at a time, placed them in a 10 x 13 pan, put latex gloves on, and pulled them with my fingers. It was very easy and I was able to pull the lumps of fat with my fingers.

If I had to cook as many as you, I would a few sets of claws and a lot of help.

Try fredsmusicandbbq.com. He features them on his YouTube video
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Got mine on Amazon.com
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • guess your dealer doesn't carry them :(
    ·
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    My closest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away
    ·
  • N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
    Has anyone seen or used these before?
    http://www.porkpuller.com/
    Glenn
    ·
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Jfroe wrote:
    I did two 9 lb. butts last weekend. After I took them off the BGE (18 hours) I wrapped them in foil and then a towel and put them in a cooler for three hours. When it was time to eat, I unwrapped one at a time, placed them in a 10 x 13 pan, put latex gloves on, and pulled them with my fingers. It was very easy and I was able to pull the lumps of fat with my fingers.

If I had to cook as many as you, I would a few sets of claws and a lot of help.

When I read this, I had to look at it and see if I was the one who wrote it. :laugh:
    ·
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    N.E. Egger wrote:
    Has anyone seen or used these before?

HA! That's got bad news written all over it. I have visions of pork hanging from the lights in the kitchen. :D

For me, when it comes to pulling pork, I'm going to have to draw the line at power tools.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    ... and want to pull a butt in record time, check this out. One testimonial said they pulled 150 pounds in 8 minutes.

This is not an endorsement by any means, but figured you may not have seen this gadget.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
    More power = more fun
    Glenn
    ·
  • :lol:
    finally someone living more remotely !!!!!!!!!!
    ·