Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Claws

TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
edited 2:35AM in EggHead Forum
I have to cook about 24 boston butts in a few weeks, and want to get some claws for pulling pork. Where is a good place to get them?
·

Comments

• BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    Thanks, now that I have seen photos and names, I found them on eBay for $11.99 with free shipping.

Thanks.
    ·
  • JfroeJfroe Posts: 4
    I did two 9 lb. butts last weekend. After I took them off the BGE (18 hours) I wrapped them in foil and then a towel and put them in a cooler for three hours. When it was time to eat, I unwrapped one at a time, placed them in a 10 x 13 pan, put latex gloves on, and pulled them with my fingers. It was very easy and I was able to pull the lumps of fat with my fingers.

If I had to cook as many as you, I would a few sets of claws and a lot of help.

Try fredsmusicandbbq.com. He features them on his YouTube video
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,179
    Got mine on Amazon.com
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • guess your dealer doesn't carry them :(
    ·
  • TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
    My closest dealer is 2 1/2 hours away
    ·
  • N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
    Has anyone seen or used these before?
    http://www.porkpuller.com/
    Glenn
    ·
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Jfroe wrote:
    I did two 9 lb. butts last weekend. After I took them off the BGE (18 hours) I wrapped them in foil and then a towel and put them in a cooler for three hours. When it was time to eat, I unwrapped one at a time, placed them in a 10 x 13 pan, put latex gloves on, and pulled them with my fingers. It was very easy and I was able to pull the lumps of fat with my fingers.

If I had to cook as many as you, I would a few sets of claws and a lot of help.

When I read this, I had to look at it and see if I was the one who wrote it. :laugh:
    ·
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    N.E. Egger wrote:
    Has anyone seen or used these before?

HA! That's got bad news written all over it. I have visions of pork hanging from the lights in the kitchen. :D

For me, when it comes to pulling pork, I'm going to have to draw the line at power tools.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    ... and want to pull a butt in record time, check this out. One testimonial said they pulled 150 pounds in 8 minutes.

This is not an endorsement by any means, but figured you may not have seen this gadget.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • N.E. EggerN.E. Egger Posts: 39
    More power = more fun
    Glenn
    ·
  • :lol:
    finally someone living more remotely !!!!!!!!!!
    ·