Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morgan Hill BBQ Cook-off. This weekend!

Options
TRPIV
TRPIV Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Gang,

As the title says, this weekend is California's largest bbq cook off! http://www.mhnobullbbq.com/

How many of you fellow eggers are going to be there?

Checking the list of team names ([url]
http://www.mhnobullbbq.com/Teams-Confirmed.html[/url], looks Smitty may be town this weekend. Maybe I'll come down and harass him. ;)

We are rooting for you Smitty!

Ted

Comments

• Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Options
    Right smack in the middle of the Land of Fruits and Nuts. What's not to like??? :woohoo:
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    I swung by the competition this evening after work. As luck would have it, everyone was at the team meeting.

While everyone was away, I snapped a couple of photos. There were 67 teams scheduled to show up to the competition. I would say, the majority of the teams had arrived, but many were still on their way. Of those who had set up, I counted at least 5 teams cooking solely on eggs. A handful of others were using a combination of WSM's and Eggs (large or XL). The other teams were comprised of unique home made cookers, American BBQ Company, a couple of amazingly painted and chromed up units. Pretty neat to see the array of units. I counted maybe 15 Stokers.

Anyway - Here are a few shots of the 'egg only' teams. I forgot to get the names of the teams. If any of these eggs belong to any of you guys - speak up and claim your eggs!

Three of 'em, ready to go.
    mhnbsbbq1.jpg

These fine gents made the trip from Elk Grove and Folsom. I spent a good 15 mins talking to these guys. They were getting ready to start their first meat, then they were going to dinner and then to check into the Holiday Inn! I asked "who's going to watch the pits?! They replied... "The Stokers!..."

mhnbsbbq3.jpg

None other than Smitty's Smoke Patrol:
    mhnbsbbq2.jpg

If you have never been to a BBQ competition, you should stop by one. Every person I spoke with was amazingly friendly and forthcoming with information.

I should really go back tomorrow and take some more photos.

Enjoy,
    Ted