Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza again...

Options
Basscat
Basscat Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes, the butts and briskets are amazing, but I still can't get over the fact that I went out to get a smoker and ended up with a wood-fired pizza oven as well..............[p]Before...
P3060019.jpg[p]And After.....
P3060020.jpg

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Basscat,[p]Looks great! In particular, I notice that your toppings are cooked very well and looks like your crust is still in good shape. Tell us about times and temps, please. I'm planning on doing pizza again this week, and I like collecting historical data on pizza cooks to help me perfect the "art."[p]Thanks![p]TRex
  • Basscat
    Options
    TRex,
    Started at about 600, before putting it on, then went down to about 500 for most of the cooking time, about 20 minutes, maybe a little more, I watched the pizza closer than the clock. This on a medium with platesetter and 12" pizza stone. Did a second one, and the crust got done faster, but not too fast as the topped browned nicely, though not as dark as the first. I'm sticking with the 5-600, maybe a little higher to start, for next time, as this is the best crust I have done so far. Here's the other one, pesto sauce, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms (not as pretty, but mighty good!).....
    P3060023.jpg

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Basscat,[p]Now that's a perfectly browned pizza.... which dough recipe are you using? Thanks.[p]John
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    Basscat, funny who that works.... i bought an egg with the main intent of using it as a pizza oven...

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options

Yeah, that was going to be my second question.[p]

• Basscat
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    I used Alton Brown's, from the Good Eats episode "Pizza, Pizza", just do a search on foodtv.com. Let it rise in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, and it worked out well.