Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone have a good low country boil recipe?

OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
edited 10:07AM in EggHead Forum
If you have a good low country boil recipe let me know. I am cooking some Sunday.

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,142
    Here is one idea.

Stew, Shrimp, Boil, Cajun, OzarkQ

Hey y'all - That boil turned out pretty darn good. Someone asked for pictures - but didn't know if I should just stick the picture on the back end of the old post where it might be buried in old posts depending on view... but it was so good I thought I would just stick it here.

INGREDIENTS:

Procedure:
    1 Good call AZRP on the 3 minutes. I think we would even go 2 minutes next time with all the carry over cooking. We used about 40 quarts of water (we bought a large 80qt crawfish boil pot last year, but missed the season) - 8# U15 shrimp from Sam's, 4 boxes of zatarans seasoning bags (we opened the first bag not realizing you can boil the dang bag!), Emeril's hot sausage, turkey sausage (for the gals), corn, garlic, lemons, ~6oz salt, a bunch of cayenne (about 3 oz worth!), button mushrooms, and 5# red potatoes. Cooked potatoes, onion, garlic, for 10 minutes first, then threw in corn, sausage, mushrooms, squeezed lemon, brought to boil, threw in the shrimp and pulled it in 3 minutes. Sprinkle on some Tony Cachere's - and Wooooo - I guar-un-tee that be some might-ty fine shrimp! And man - that U15 shrimp is a nice size!

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, OzarkQ, 2008/06/29
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I get my water boiling with some old bay and Zatarain's crab boil. Put the potatoes in first, wait about 5 minutes then put in the onions. 5 minutes later add the sausage then in 2 minutes add the corn. 5 more minutes add the shrimp and let boil for 3 more minutes then enjoy. -RP

IMG_0131Small.jpg
    IMG_0138Small.jpg