Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I cooked this Boston Butt today!

OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
edited 12:33AM in EggHead Forum
I used the stoker. It cookes all day @ 225 from 7:30am until I got home at 5:00pm it was at 185 internal. I let it cook to 200 and here was the finished product.

BostonButt.jpg

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    bone peaking out means it is prefect! enjoy :)
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,472
    Looks great. The egg+stoker is like a crock pot with better flavor. Set it and ferget it.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Nice looking Butt you have there! :woohoo:
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • JerzeeJerzee Posts: 84
    Woo! Got some junk in the trunk. Nice butt! :P
  • tsheehan7tsheehan7 Posts: 105
    Did you cook it in foil? I use the stoker at 225 with the platesetter and it will routinely take 18 hours. I'm curious how you got it cooked so quickly.
  • OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
    I did put it in foil for the last 2 he's also went up to 350 on the temp we were supposed to have bad weather so I wanted to get it done. It has absorbed all the smoke it will hold by then anyway.
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Great job. Nice to know you were able to bump temp up to beat the weather.