Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tony Hall\'s Cookbook (aka thebtls)

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If any of you have tried to download Tony's great cookbook, you will have discovered that this new version has exploded in size from 30 meg to 160 meg. Tony isn't quite sure why and he is looking to see if anything obvious can be done to cut the file size down. In the meantime, through using an optimizing function and then creating a self-extracting compressed file, I've managed to get the download file down to 70 meg. So for now, here are two options if the 160 meg behemoth is too much for you to download:

Here is the original 30 meg file on my website: Original Keep On Eggin' Cookbook

Here is a link to the 70 meg self-extracting updated version: Self-Extracting Updated Version

Regarding the "self-extracting" version. You simply download and save the file. Then double click on the file name in Windows Explorer and it will ask you where to put the file. It will then decompress it into a 120 meg PDF file. I'll assume that this only runs on Windows PCs, but of course clever Mac owners probably have that Windows emulator thingy and can do it there.

If Tony is able to get the file size down, we'll update you and I'll replace the link on my website to the updated version.
The Naked Whiz

Comments