Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easter Sunday Lamb

RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
edited 1:53AM in EggHead Forum
As a follow up to my earlier post, here are the pics. One of my guests got the photos while I was slicing - I'll post once I receive them.

in the marinade after 24 hours...

on the grill at 350...

almost ready...

you get the idea (sorry you'll have to imagine the finished product as I don't have the sliced pics yet)

Thanks for watching.

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Killer color on that Michael!! Nice.
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • It looks like red wine was involved. In the marinade, I mean. Pretty!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Michael, what a beautiful Easter lamb roast! :) Gorgeous mahogany color.

I would sure like to see pics of the sliced lamb.
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    Thanks Molly.

Anke's been doing this recipe (or a variation of this recipe) for years. Every year it just seems to get better!

LOL - I believe that red wine was involved for the marinade and the cook.

Hi Rebecca.

I love the colour of the roast throughout the entire process.

I too am looking forward to the sliced pics. The first time I sliced one of these. I thought it had a beautiful smoke ring. Ha Ha!

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,286
    Still looks like a tease to me

Caledon, ON

Lamb Sliced...

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,569
    Really looks good ;) Bookmarked! The next time the kids are down they will be in for a treat!
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,583
    Michael, the colour is amazing, bet it tasted good too. btw, love the way you poked the thermapen through an existing garlic 'hole' thus avoiding a new puncture to the masterpiece.