Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Nomex Gasket Install?

frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
edited 10:58AM in EggHead Forum
I bought a Nomex gasket off of Ebay that has the adhesive strip already on the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180637512805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The picture shows gray but mine is white - dont know why.

The question is - should I still use 3M adhesive too?

Thanks!!
·

Comments

• TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    If you have the 3m, it won't hurt to use it.

Just my $.02...

T
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    I've had a nomex gasket since the Eggtoberfest last October....I should get around to installing it, huh?

I know Fred Bernardo (Smokingguitarplayer) had a video posted about HOW to do it. It might have tips about the 3m, I don't remember.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    frankie482, I don't know what you should do with your nomex with adhesive already applied to it. Maybe it will work just fine.

I put a nomex gasket on my large around a year ago. Mine didn't come with an adhesive on it just plane. I did however have to place mine in a cloths dryer and shrink it before applying to my egg. I then used the super 77 adhesive and it's still doing fine today.

Good luck with yours. :)

One other thing I do have a second large that hasn't had a gasket in a long time. It has also worked just fine. :)
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
    NibbleMeThis wrote:
    I've had a nomex gasket since the Eggtoberfest last October....I should get around to installing it, huh?

I know Fred Bernardo (Smokingguitarplayer) had a video posted about HOW to do it. It might have tips about the 3m, I don't remember.

I watched the video and he pre shrunk and used 3M, but the one he installed did not have the adhesive already applied to the back.
    ·
  • frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
    Thanks for all the info.

I will preshrink and use the adhesive.

If it doesnt work, I'll do it again.
    ·