Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Kobe steak?

cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 934
edited 3:24AM in EggHead Forum
I picked up a Kobe strip steak today for $20/lb, and I am going to grill it tomorrow. I have done prime numerous times, but never Kobe. Are there any tips or differences that I should know about? I am sure many of you good people out there have tried it and could impart your wisdom. Thanks!

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,768
    Cook it just like you normally would.
  • Awesome, thank you. Can't wait for lunch.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

• FLbobecuFLbobecu Posts: 309
    Crimsongator wrote:
    Cook it just like you normally would.

I wouldn't, as true Kobe/Wagyu tends to cook a little faster.

I would flip the steak much more often, and also check temps often.

Just my $.02

Let us know how it turns out, and any/all pictures are more than welcome. :)
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I agree. Kobe or Wagyu (which is what you probably have), cooks faster and needs to be turned more. You certainly don't want to burn an expensive steak like that.