Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre-Easter Pulled Pork

Options
Wazoo
Wazoo Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a family gathering up near Baltimore tomorrow and decided to contribute pulled pork to the pot-luck scenario. Picked up a 14lb Butt-Bundle at Cosco, coated it in mustard and spices over night, and cooked it at 400 for six hours until it got to 200 -- a quck cook by BGE standards. Lots of hickory to smoke it during those six hours. Let it sit in the cooler wrapped in foil and towels for an hour, then pulled it. Came out fantastic. Waz

Preparing for the cook:
100_0397.jpg

Butt goes on:
100_0398.jpg

It was supposed to rain, so I rigged for it. Sun came out...
100_0400.jpg

It's done:
100_0401.jpg

Pulled just fine:
100_0402.jpg

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks good ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    I have a 17lb butt Costco butt finishing up in the next hour or so. Hope it looks like yours. Nice job!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota