Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Table redesign problem

rconercone Posts: 143
edited 3:32PM in EGG Table Forum
I am contemplating changing the plans for my table half way through the project. The online dimensions for a table for a large egg states that the distance from the top of the lower shelf to the top of the table should be 15 inches. If I change the plans to what I would like, the distance will change to 16 inches.

I have yet to assemble my egg so I am unable to determine if there will be a hinge clearance issue.

Will the new design still work, or should I figure out how to maintain the desired 15 spacing?

Thanks,

Steve
"Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Put a paving stone under the egg and do not recess it into the table, you will be fine :)
  • rconercone Posts: 143
    Thanks, that is what I was trying to avoid. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet on this table.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • DrossieDrossie Posts: 6
    For my table the distance between the upper and lower shelf is 15". I've put the BGE on the green feet. I guess 16" will be no problem, look at my picture:

paaseitjesrapen016.jpg