Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cyber Q II

funk49funk49 Posts: 115
edited 11:45AM in EggHead Forum
Went to Freds Music and bought one.It was a nice 2 and a half drive each way. :lol: Now what the heck do I do with it? :) I want to use it tonight to smoke a 10 pound uncured ham. I now know that this will be a roast and not a ham.
I can't hook it up to the computer yet because the XL is about 40 feet away and can't find adapters locally to go to a cat 5 connection, so I have to set it using the control head. :( How should I set it up for a low and slow? Any help would be appreciated!
Right now I have it set (I think)for 220 pit and 160 food ? :huh: I turned on the ramp and the open lid thing. Should the fan damper be wide open? Should I change something? I left all the Super User settings at the default?
·

Comments

• OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
    I have a stoker but it works the same way. I clip the probe to the actual BGE thermometer. I set it for 250 and open the daisy while until the little holes on top are all open. Let it go. Good Luck!
    ·
  • funk49funk49 Posts: 115
    Any Idea where I should set the "Hold"? I think I have the hold figured out. 30* above the food done temp?
    One last bit of confusion! If you don't set the timer, what happens? Will it still do the ramp and hold?
    ·