Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Great price on Lazzari lump.

hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited 5:25AM in EggHead Forum
I was in Restaurant Depot in Richardson, Tx. today and they had 40 pound bags of Lazzari lump on sale for $11 and change! This stuff gets an "above average" rating on the Nakeed Whiz site. They had an open bag , so like any good egghead, I shoved my arm deep into it to check the size of the pieces. Pretty good, I must say. Some were large like you would get with Wicked Good, and some were like fat sticks. I've never tried it, but I'll be picking some up this week. Anyone want to take a ride?

Comments

• EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Lazarri sell Mesquite and Oak in 40lb. bags. My question to you is, which one was it ? I get Lazarri Oak Lump direct from Lazarri in 40lb. bags for $17.

$11 for 40lb. bags is a very good price.

Enjoy.

Gary
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    It's the mesquite. :(
  • Send some up to Canada! What's that gonna cost?? :whistle:
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    They also sell orange in South San Francisco at their yard. :)
    Marc, it's only 5 bucks to the border, but 42 bucks to Ontario! :woohoo: :evil: I'm kidding!
    Is orange any good?
  • jzccjzcc Posts: 123
    We'd like to get in on that deal. Do you deliver? :laugh:
    Oh, a WISE guy, eh Jeri? :woohoo: You two want to come out and play tomorrow? :)
  • jzccjzcc Posts: 123
    Hell, yeah! Takes one to know one!

We'll probably stop by to harrass you for a few minutes. Can't cook this time, but might be able to lend some charm! :whistle:
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    According to Smitty (Eggs by the Bay), it has the least amount of smoke taste of the ones he has tried.